The new Tecno smartphone called Phantom V or Tecno fold will have a circular cover display, around which we should see two cameras and a LED flash.
Phantom V has the better proportions of foldables that aren’t the Galaxy – the cover screen is larger and so much more usable than the one on the Samsung, and the foldable display on the inside is bigger too. A large battery is then needed to power all that 120Hz OLED screen area, and you end up with a rather heavy package – 300g weight device
It comes with a capable camera system with a couple of 50MP units for main and tele, plus an autofocusing ultrawide – when are we ever getting AF on an UW on a Samsung foldable?
Tecno Phantom V Fold specs at a glance:
- Body: 159.4×140.4×6.9mm unfolded, 159.4x72x14.2-14.5 mm folded, 299g; Gorilla Glass Victus front, plastic back, aluminum frame; Schott UTG on the foldable display.
- Display: 7.85″ Foldable LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, 1100 nits (peak), 2000x2296px resolution, 10.3:9 aspect ratio, 388ppi; Cover display: 6.42″ LTPO AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, 1100 nits (peak), 1080 x 2550 pixels, 431 PPI.
- Chipset: Mediatek Dimensity 9000+ (4 nm): Octa-core (1×3.20 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.85 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510); Mali-G710 MC10.
- Memory: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 13, HiOS 13 Fold.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.9, 1/1.3″, PDAF; Telephoto: 50 MP, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 13 MP, 120˚.
- Selfie camera: Cover:: 32MP, f/2.5. Internal: 16MP, f/2.5.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@60fps; Front camera: 1080p@60fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 45W wired, 40% in 15 min, 100% in 55 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; FM radio; stereo speakers.